This 2-day training course will provide real-life examples and tips to ensure a sound technical implementation of your project and go into the issues of financial management and reporting.
What you’ll learn
- Obtain the effective H2020 project management tools and understand why, when and how to use them
- Get insight to Horizon 2020 financial issues
- How to put together technical reports efficiently
- Preparation for the Grant Agreement
- Tailoring the Consortium Agreement for the project
- How to cope with different challenges in project implementation
- IPR issues in practice
- Experience our "learning by doing" approach with practical tips and real-life stories in managing management problems Budget monitoring
- Practice how to allocate costs and prepare your financial statement
Why participate in the "H2020 Project Management and Finance" course?
- Trainers are actual H2020 Project Managers and Coordinators
- Lectures and practical workshops on H2020 project implementation and financial management
- Experience Europa Media's unique "learning-by-doing" approach.
- Lectures and presentations with practical tips and stories are complemented by hands-on workshops and exercises throughout the two days.
We recommend this course to those
- Who is involved in every-day implementation and/or financial management of H2020 projects
- Who have just started implementing their project as a partner or coordinator, and/or do not yet have an in-depth knowledge on Horizon 2020 project management
For advanced level financial course, please check out our Horizon 2020 Master of Finance and Administration training course).
Over the past 14 years, our training courses have been attended by over 7,000 participants from leading research institutions, universities, SMEs, industry and other public and civil society organisations from all over Europe and beyond.
One of the strengths of our courses is the diverse backgrounds of the participants, so we can all learn from each other’s different approaches and stories.
Top 6 challenges you need to tackle while implementing your Horizon 2020 project:
- Going through the Grant Agreement Preparation (GAP) process and meeting deadlines;
- Preparing an effective Consortium Agreement, handling IPR issues, and getting your project started on the right foot;
- Managing non-performing partners, creating a team from individual partners, dealing with conflicts, managing internal reports, submitting official reports to the EC;
- Keeping your books and records in order, administering your costs and time spent on the project accurately;
- Handling financial issues related to cost eligibility, budget transfers, and payment arrangements;
- Conducting effective communication and PR internally, with the European Commission, the research community, the industry and the wider public.
Experienced project coordinators and financial managers will moderate practical workshops, covering all aspects of research project implementation.
Project Management and Technical Reporting
- Grant Agreement Preparation – road to success and things that could go wrong.
- Getting started – models on Consortium Agreement, advance payment, bank guarantees, and the kick-off meeting.
- IPR issues in practice – how to protect your background and how to benefit from the foreground.
- Technical reporting – how to fill in the online forms and compile the Part B of your report.
- Technical reviews – Get prepared for the best- and worst-case scenario
Workshop: Project Management Role-Play
Each participant will represent a beneficiary in a project which is facing various challenges. Your trainer will represent the European Commission, whose goal is to make sure that the project is implemented according to the GA. You will tackle – as a consortium or individually – challenges that frequently arise in an H2020 project: budget transfers, inadequate budget, poorly performing partner, conflicts on IPR, GA amendments, technical reviews, etc. All case studies are based on real issues which we went through in our past and ongoing H2020 projects as coordinator or partner. Learn by doing and learn from others!
Workshop: Budget monitoring and financial reporting
You will go through specific exercises to simulate budget planning, budget monitoring and financial reporting in an H2020 project. You will tackle budget transfers and reallocations, controlling overspending, managing underspending and conducting reporting. You will prepare a financial statement for a virtual H2020 project based on specific project documentation with salary slips, invoices, receipts, timesheets and other proof of costs.
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
- Access to Europa Media’s private LinkedIn group where you can ask our project managers any question you might have after the training
- Certificate of attendance
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)
Standard rate: € 1,150
*5% transaction fee applies for Paypal and credit/debit cards
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you are interested in attending the Consortium Agreement training course right after the Project Management and Finance course too, and get a 20% discount on the course fee!
Finance your Horizon 2020 training course fee or travel costs with Erasmus +. Find out how here