10 - 13 March 2020
2 - 5 June 2020Registration is not open yet
Gábor Kitley CEOEuropa Media
Gabriella Lovász Managing DirectorEuropa Media
Ömer Ceylan COOGeonardo Environmental Technologies Ltd.
The full EU R&I project lifecycle from the proposal concept till the final report - The essence of all our knowledge: European Funding Academy
Join Europa Media’s revised European Funding Academy and get a practical insight to the EU research and innovation projects and gain hands-on knowledge on how to submit competitive project proposals and effectively manage projects under Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe.
WHY Europa Media's course?
- Europa Media’s trainers are actual project managers, coordinators and financial administrators of our 23 successful H2020 projects (since 2014) – giving you advice based on their everyday experience.
- Europa Media is always the first to provide clear and understandable explanations and answers through practical examples and workshops during which you can practice what we preach.
- Europa Media is Europe’s leading provider of practical training courses in developing and implementing EU R&I projects.
- Because we will introduce Horizon Europe changes from the practical perspective
WHAT: This 4-day intensive course will help you develop more competitive proposals under Horizon 2020 calls, get ready for Horizon Europe and effectively manage your R&I projects.
The European Funding Academy provides a complete insight to the EU research and innovation programmes of 2014-2020 and 2021-2027 (there are other funding sources besides H2020) and draws on the lessons learned from:
- The 2014-2019 calls of H2020;
- Horizon Europe related debates, gossips and final documents;
- Dozens of our winning and lost proposals with around 25-30% success rate; and
- Our recently funded H2020 projects, including the reports submitted.
HOW: Lectures and workshops on Proposal Development and Project Management
Experience Europa Media's famous "learning-by-doing" approach – presentations in the morning, then practise your newly-gained knowledge during the workshops specifically designed for the particular topics:
Develop a project proposal in response to a work programme topic (“call”).
Getting started: After going through a simple exercise, you will be encouraged to pursue a new way of thinking - a method to ensure that you get started in the right way. You will then further develop your proposal concept step-by-step: defining sound objectives, designing an effective work plan with work packages, creating a Gantt chart and PERT diagram, defining an ideal consortium, and putting together a realistic budget.
Impact and Exploitation workshop: You will draft the Expected Impact section and identify the best scenario for exploitation and IP strategy.
Dissemination and Communication workshop: Participants will define the relevant target groups and the most appropriate dissemination and communication tools, channels and strategies for disseminating and communicating the results of the project with a view to maximizing its impact.
Technical and Financial Project Management
Effectively implement your projects and ensure sound financial management
After successfully submitting their proposals, the participants will understand how to get a Horizon 2020 project started on the right foot, receive practical tips to ensure effective technical implementation of the project, and go into the issues of financial management and reporting. During practical workshops, you will discuss real-life case scenarios related to project coordination, working with partners, dissemination, project's amendments and you will go through specific exercises to simulate budget planning, budget monitoring and financial reporting in an H2020 project.
During this training course, you will learn how to tackle budget transfers and reallocations, controlling overspending, managing underspending and conducting reporting. You will also prepare a financial statement for a virtual H2020 project based on specific project documentation with salary slips, invoices, receipts, timesheets and other proof of costs.
"Excellent course from the teacher who manages EU funded projects first hand. His experience helped us to understand the requirements of the EU. Very practical course." I2MPECT (UK)
"Very professional, detailed, practical but yet clear and enjoyable" The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd. (UK)
"Very useful, "straight to the point" giving solutions to financial and administrative problems of EC projects." Intrasoft International S.A. (LUX)
European Funding Academy goes beyond the official texts – it presents real-life examples, analyses actual proposals and evaluation summary reports and shows success and failure stories in research and innovation projects.
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunches at the venue
- Access to My Trainings (downloadable background documentations, presentations and workshop materials)
- Access to Europa Media’s private LinkedIn group where you can ask our project managers any questions you might have after the training
- Certificate of attendance
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)
STANDARD RATE: €1790
*5% transaction fee applies for Paypal and credit/debit cards
Finance your Horizon 2020 training course fee or travel costs with Erasmus +. Find out how here