Learn how to build a succesful proposal without missing any part of it: idea development, Consortium building, concept note, proposal writing and online submission. This time the focus will be on the Impact and Horizon Europe!
This course targets all those who have been competitively participating in H2020 projects as well as those who aim to participate in Horizon 2020/Horizon Europe and want to develop their proposal development skills to submit winning proposals.
Why this course?
1. Trainers are actual Proposal Writers
This course is built on our direct experience gained over the past 17 years from developing and submitting proposals and implementing projects under the EU's Research Framework Programmes. The trainers of Europa Media are on a daily basis conceiving and developing their own project proposals under the open and forthcoming H2020 calls. This course is designed based on this direct experience and is therefore 100% practice-driven.
2. Lectures and Workshops on proposal development, impact and dissemination
Experience Europa Media's well-known "learning-by-doing" approach – hear presentations introducing the rules of the game with examples, then practice your newly-gained knowledge during the practical and interactive workshops.
What will you learn?
Towards Horizon Europe passing through Horizon 2020:
- Section-by-section- from call analysis to proposal development and final submission passing through tips, examples and real stories
- Tips, best practices and worst cases from H2020 - the Dos and Don’ts when you develop your project proposal
- Novelties and Practicalities- The structure of Horizon Europe, how it differs from Horizon 2020 and what you should absolutely know: SDGs, 3Os, R&I Missions etc.
Workshop: Call analysis and the Work Plan
We will divide you in small groups and develop a project proposal in response to a work programme topic (“call”). As a start: After going through a simple exercise, you will be encouraged to pursue a new way of thinking - a method to ensure that you get started in the right way. You will then further develop your proposal concept step-by-step: defining sound objectives, designing an effective work plan with work packages, creating a Gantt chart and PERT diagram, defining an ideal consortium.
Focus on the Impact:
- Expected Impact and Ambitions - how to link them together, different methodologies to write your impacts
- KPIs and impact assessment - how to monitor and evaluate your project when the project starts
- Exploitation measures - how to ensure the sustainability and uptake of project outputs
- Dissemination and Communication - how to reach your target group and deliver the right message
Workshop: Innovation, Impact, Exploitation, Dissemination and Communication
Participants will work in small groups to entirely define the Impact session of a proposal: project’s contribution to expected and other impacts, barriers and risks, target groups and the most appropriate dissemination and communication tools, channels and strategies for disseminating and communicating the results of the project with a view to maximizing its impact, exploitation measures and IP strategy.
We will use a practical exercise to understand how to allocate the right budget to your project and allocate it across work packages and partners.
Why to choose us?
Over the past 14 years, our training courses we delivered 500+ training courses which were selected by 9000+ participants. Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators,
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers,
- Financial managers,
- Grant officers, NCPs.
- Public institutions,
- Universities and research institutions,
- SMEs and large companies,
- Civil society organisations.
Thanks to our learning-by-doing approach and the practice-oriented workshops, participants with different backgrounds will meet all their expectations. One of the strengths of our courses is the diverse backgrounds of the participants, so we can all learn from each other’s different approaches and stories.
What do you pay for?
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Social event
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
If you would like to master your Horizon 2020 Project Management skills too, join us for 2 extra days (12-13 March 2020) check out here what the European Funding Academy has to offer!
STANDARD RATE: €1150
*5% transaction fee applies for Paypal and credit/debit cards
Finance your Horizon 2020 training course fee or travel costs with Erasmus +. Find out how here