12 - 13 March 2020
11 - 12 June 2020Registration is not open yet
Gábor Kitley CEOEuropa Media
Gabriella Lovász Managing DirectorEuropa Media
Krisztina Tóth Director of Corporate AffairsEuropa Media
We recommend this course to those who are involved in the everyday implementation and/or financial management of H2020 projects (for advanced level financial course, please check out our Horizon 2020 Master of Finance and Administration training course).
Why this course?
1. You will learn how to successfully deal with project management, legal and financial duties within your H2020 project
Experience Europa Media's unique "learning-by-doing" approach. Lectures and presentations with practical tips and stories are complemented by hands-on workshops and exercises throughout the two days. We know much more about Horizon Europe now, we will give you hands-on knowledge on the new programme too.
2. Our Trainers are actual H2020 Project Managers and Coordinators
This 2-day training course is built 100% on H2020 project experience and real-life examples. Our trainers and workshop leaders are flesh-and-bone project managers and coordinators, whose day-to-day work is to make sure that their multiple projects are implemented according to EC Grant Agreement, problems are promptly tackled, and project partners adequately assisted in legal, technical and financial management issues.
Over the years we have helped almost 1,000 project managers and coordinators in understanding the legal, technical and financial rules of the Research Framework Programme and managing European projects.
What will you learn?
How to Coordinate and Manage your R&I Project? Now or in Horizon Europe
- Lessons learnt, tips and tools to be a successful project manager in Horizon 2020
- Obligations and duties - all legal, administrative and technical bottlenecks you should not forget about
- Dealing with partners - soft and transversal skillset to effectively manage your Consortium
- Horizon Europe - the implications of current changes on the role of project manager and coordinators
Grant Agreement and the Consortium Agreement
- Legal Agreements - which types, when to use them and for which purpose
- Grant Agreement - road to success and things that could go wrong, models and amendments
- Consortium Agreement - what and how to include, models and amendments.
Get your project done properly
- Getting started - kick-off meeting, project management tools, budget spending and monitoring
- Knowledge and Data management, IPR, Open access issues - how to comply with rules, protect your background and benefit from the foreground
- Exploitation and Dissemination - how to maximize your impact
- Multi-actor engagement - how to produce meaningful solutions through co-creation
Technical Management, Reviews and Reporting
- Technical reporting – how to fill in the online forms and compile the Part B of your report
- Technical reviews – Get prepared for the best- and worst-case scenarios
Workshop: Project Management Role-Play
Each participant will represent a beneficiary in a project which is facing various challenges. Your trainer will represent the European Commission, whose goal is to make sure that the project is implemented according to the GA. You will tackle – as a consortium or individually – challenges that frequently arise in an H2020 project: budget transfers, inadequate budget, poorly performing partner, conflicts on IPR, GA amendments, technical reviews, etc. All case studies are based on real issues which we went through in our past and ongoing H2020 projects as coordinator or partner. Learn by doing and learn from others!
H2020 Financial Rules in theory and in practice
- Financial rules of Horizon 2020 (and Horizon Europe) – how to harmonise EU rules with your national taxation and internal accounting principles.
- Eligible and non-eligible costs, cost statements – upgrading your financial admin system.
- Different calculation methods for Personnel costs – employees and consultants.
- Allocation of Travel costs, Equipment, Other costs, and Overheads based on practical examples
- Subcontracting and third parties – how to avoid rejection of costs.
- Uploading reports to the Participant Portal – hints and tips to control your partners’ spending.
Workshop: Budget monitoring and financial reporting
You will go through specific exercises to simulate budget planning, budget monitoring and financial reporting in an H2020 project. You will tackle budget transfers and reallocations, controlling overspending, managing underspending and conducting reporting. You will prepare a financial statement for a virtual H2020 project based on specific project documentation with salary slips, invoices, receipts, timesheets and other proof of costs.
Why to choose us?
Over the past 14 years, our training courses we delivered 500+ training courses which were selected by 9000+ participants. Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators,
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers,
- Financial managers,
- Grant officers, NCPs.
- Public institutions,
- Universities and research institutions,
- SMEs and large companies,
- Civil society organisations.
Thanks to our learning-by-doing approach and the practice-oriented workshops, participants with different backgrounds will meet all their expectations. One of the strengths of our courses is the diverse backgrounds of the participants, so we can all learn from each other’s different approaches and stories.
What do you pay for?
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
- Access to Europa Media’s private LinkedIn group where you can ask our project managers any question you might have after the training
- Certificate of attendance
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, a booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)
Standard rate: € 1,150
*5% transaction fee applies for Paypal and credit/debit cards