Europa Media Trainings is now launching its traineeship programme on EU project development and management. Successful trainees with an ambition to escalate their practical know-how and skills in developing and managing projects under the EU's research and innovation programmes will have the chance to work on real projects of Europa Media Non-profit Ltd. (www.europamedia.org/projects) and/or Geonardo Ltd. (www.geonardo.com/references.php), and will develop innovative project concepts in response to real calls for proposals published under the Horizon 2020 and ERASMUS+ programmes.
The traineeship will last 3-4 months and run from May 2016 until August 2016. A mentor, an experienced project manager, will be assigned to each trainee. A maximum of five trainees will be accepted to the programme.
Europa Media Trainings is Europe’s leading provider of practical training courses and advisory services on EU funds and EU project development and management. Since its establishment, Europa Media Trainings has strived to provide and present the dispersed and technical information on EU policies, funding opportunities and programmes in a streamlined and simplified way to potential stakeholders in Europe and worldwide. To this aim, we have developed, launched and publicised a variety of information sources and tools including web platforms, publications and events. Our multidisciplinary team of experts has several years of hands-on experience in developing and implementing EU-funded projects. We have been involved in over 50 EU projects over the past 16 years as coordinator or partner. Read more about us at www.eutrainingsite.com
Target group: Recent graduates, PhD students, junior project managers with a maximum of 1-2 years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in developing and submitting project proposals under the EU's research and innovation programmes
- Liaising with international clients and project partners
- Providing support to project managers in their day-to-day operations
- Contributing to drafting project reports and other material
- Contributing to communication activities and social media campaigns
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills to produce proposals and reports
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- General understanding of EU policies, EU institutions and EU funding
- Experience in project proposal development and/or management is an advantage
Knowledge, skills and competences to be acquired by the end of the traineeship (expected Learning Outcomes):
- Sound knowledge of the EU funding system and the EU programmes
- Hands-on experience in developing proposals and implementing EU funded projects
- A good understanding of the project lifecycle and how EU funded research and innovation projects in the energy and environmental fields are implemented
- The mentor will on a weekly basis monitor the activities of the trainee. The trainee will have the opportunity to consult with her/his mentor and/or project managers on a daily basis.
- Evaluation will be continuous during the activities of the trainee. In addition, a more comprehensive evaluation will be conducted on a monthly basis.
Number of working hours per week: 40
As this is a full-time traineeship programme based in Budapest, Hungary, the candidates shall be ideally based in Budapest or willing to invest in the necessary move to Budapest for the traineeship period. Europa Media will compensate the trainees with a monthly contribution to their living arrangements.
If you are confident that your skills match the above requirements and you are ready to turn your theoretical knowledge into practice, then please send a Motivation Letter, and your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to a Skype interview before the final selection.