Horizon Europe Project Management and Financial Reporting
This face-to-face course is based on our running Horizon Europe projects that have been successful under the 2021-2022 calls.
Learn all about the new requirements on project management and reporting in Horizon Europe.
We dedicate three full days to introducing the project management novelties and the financial reporting rules of Horizon Europe projects. We will provide real-life examples, and stories, and explain the calculation methods.
What is new in the legal agreements, how to handle open science or intellectual property, and what are the new dissemination and exploitation obligations? How to figure out what is eligible and what is not, and how does that help you to develop your budget or report your costs?
Answers to these questions will ease your project management journey while preparing your periodic technical and financial report for the EC accurately.
Presentations will be complemented by practical tips, personal experiences, and good and bad practices, which will allow the participants to fully understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation from a practitioner’s perspective. Hands-on workshops will complement presentations, giving participants the opportunity to fully experience project implementation, including financial management and reporting.
Topics of the course:
Project management novelties
• New Grant Agreement – Corporate approach;
• New DESCA template for Horizon Europe Consortium Agreements;
• New reporting responsibilities, dissemination and exploitation, data management and open access;
• Open science approaches and data management requirements;
Financial rules and reporting
• All financial rules to EU funding in general and specifically to the R&I framework programmes;
• Calculation methods, the choices the programme is making available for us, and how it affects our budget development and reporting practices in our organisations
- Daily rate calculation in HE;
- Calculation methods for productive days from hours
• How to fill in the Financial Statements?
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research
framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in over 30 projects, coordinating six
of them. This event, as always, has been designed based on our direct hands-on experience with EU research and
innovation proposals and is therefore 100% practice-driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ events attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s events are favoured by the participants, especially for their practical aspects. Feedbacks from previous participants show that our events are equally useful for:
• Project managers and coordinators;
• Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
• Financial managers and accountants;
• Grant officers and research administrators;
• Public institutions;
• Universities and research institutions;
• SMEs and large companies;
• Civil society organisations.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you are about to start your Horizon Europe project or if you want to see how to manage the projects differently in Horizon Europe. Financial, administrative and research managers are all welcome to get a full picture on project implementation.
Who we are
Europa Media has been supporting public and private organisations to develop successful project proposals and effectively manage projects under the EU's research and innovation programmes since FP5. Over the past 20+ years, our team has been directly involved in writing successful proposals and coordinating and managing projects under different EU programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved in over 30 projects as coordinators and partners. Our workshops and seminars are designed based on this direct experience we have from our own proposals and projects - we discuss and reflect on a lot of specific problems during these events. They are therefore quite hands-on with real-life examples and stories. This practical approach has attracted over 10,000 participants from all over the world in the past 17 years.
- Novotel Brussels City Centre
- 32 Rue de la Vierge Noire, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Booking form