Horizon Europe Academy - The Fundamentals
In the past months, we have launched our first projects in Horizon Europe – this course summarises all you need to know about the new programme rules starting with proposal writing through kicking-off your project, doing the new reports, and finally getting the financial rules right.
At Europa Media, we have a team of experienced project managers who can help you build a solid foundation so you can write and manage your Horizon Europe projects with confidence. Our "Horizon Europe Grant Week" course will be held in Budapest.
This is a brand new course based on seven successful Horizon Europe applications and five projects already launched.
It is meant for staff working on EU Research and Innovation projects. It will cover proposal writing, budget development, finances, and the project management novelties you should know before diving deep into Horizon Europe.
The course starts with a one-day insight into writing and submitting competitive proposals in response to Horizon Europe calls. The practical presentations and hands-on exercises will introduce you to all the aspects you need to know, from identifying the right call for your project idea to developing and submitting a competitive proposal.
After reviewing the proposal, we will dedicate one day to introducing finances, focusing on basic rules, financial principles, and budget development.
The last day covers project management tools, procedures, and novelties under Horizon Europe. With hands-on tips and tools, we anticipate your project management journey while easing your future technical and financial activities.
Presentations will be complemented with practical tips, first-hand experiences, and good and bad practices, which will allow the participants to fully understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation from a practitioner’s perspective. Hands-on workshops will complement presentations, allowing participants to fully experience key steps in proposal writing and budget development. As an extra, e-learning exercises and videos can be checked and linked to both proposal writing and project management by all training participants.
Topics of the course:
From idea to HE proposal
- How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
- What is important in Horizon Europe?
Excellence and Implementation
- Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips, and templates for the Part B of the proposal
- Objectives – Work Plan – Consortium
Expected Outcomes and Impact
- What innovation can we describe and how?
- Examples of approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” and lessons learnt from evaluations
- How to define the Key Impact Pathways
Measures to maximise impact
- How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP, and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
- How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
Key tasks, tools & procedures: what to know before submitting
- Introduction to the implementation stages of an EU research and innovation project
- Key tasks, tools, and procedures you need to know before you start implementing the project.
- Steps, tasks, and responsibilities of a partner and the coordinating organisation
- GA & CA signature, kick-off meeting, and getting the project started.
- Open innovation and open science practices, basic templates for monitoring the performance of your consortium.
Resource Planning and Budgeting in Horizon Europe Proposals
- Fundamentals of financial management in R&I projects
- Differences between proposal budget vs. project spending
- Differences between coordinators vs. partners in budget planning
Project management novelties
- New reporting responsibilities, dissemination, and exploitation, data management, and open access.
- Introduction to the new Model Grant Agreement and the services provided by the EC
- Major changes in finances
Why this course?
Newcomers as well as more experienced managers will face many new challenges that Horizon Europe brings with the new rules. Those working in EU R&I projects can use this unique opportunity to chat with all our experts on their difficulties, and doubts. We have 20 years of experience developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in over 30 projects; under Horizon Europe, we have got 6 new projects already. This event, as always, has been designed based on our own hands-on experience with EU research and innovation proposals and is therefore 100% practice-driven.
During our events, the participants can network and meet potential partners, hear about experiences from different countries and projects, and discuss various aspects of Horizon Europe. The presentations, workshops, and free afternoons are organised to ensure the best combination of learning by doing, meeting new colleagues, and getting to know the city.
Who is this course for?
This course will be beneficial for any staff member in the world of Horizon Europe and EU R&I projects:
• Project assistants and coordinators;
• Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
• Researchers trying to write proposals for the first time or extend their HE knowledge;
• Research administrators;
• Public institutions;
• Universities and research institutions;
• SMEs and large companies;
• Civil society organisations.
Please note that the number of participants is limited to 20!
Who we are
Europa Media is a unique company supporting public and private organisations to develop successful project proposals and effectively manage projects under the EU's research and innovation programmes since FP5. Over the past 20 years, our team has been directly involved in writing successful proposals and coordinating and managing projects under different EU programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved in over 30 projects as coordinators and partners. Our workshops and seminars are designed based on this direct experience we have from our own proposals and projects - we discuss and reflect on a lot of specific problems during these events. They are therefore quite hands-on with real-life examples and stories. This practical approach has attracted over 10,000 participants from all over the world since 2004.
- Mercure Budapest City Center
- Váci utca 20, 1052 Budapest, Hungary
- Booking form