Academy Part I. Horizon Europe Proposal Writing
Proposal Writing series
This live webinar is part of our European Funding Academy explaining the lessons learnt in Horizon 2020 and based on these, introduce the changes to be applied by proposal writers and project managers for the upcoming calls under Horizon Europe.
Follow the links to the other events of the Academy on
|2 days||€ 439||Agenda|
Listen to the live presentations in the morning and exercise in the afternoon at your own speed through our eLearning portal.
The event starts with a mandatory eLearning module on introduction to Horizon Europe proposal writing that you need to complete before the course.
During this proposal writing webinar, practical tips and tools for submitting competitive proposals under the first calls of Horizon Europe will be presented.
Are you completely new to proposal writing under the EU research and innovation programmes?
Don't worry, all participants will have the opportunity to prepare and get ready well in advance with our introductory session in eLearning format. It will let you refresh your knowledge or identify some basic information on Horizon Europe proposal development if you are a newbie in this field.
Presentations will be completed by online games and polls, which will allow the participants to explore the key processes and steps in proposal preparation in a fun and engaging way.
The afternoons will be dedicated to practicing. The eLearning portal will give the possibility to the participants to test their knowledge, practice the skills in different games, quizzes and online exercises. Presenters will be available in live Q&A sessions in the afternoon.
Topics of discussion:
From idea to HE proposal
- How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
- What is new in Horizon Europe?
Excellence and Implementation
- Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates for the Part B of the proposal
- Objectives – Work Plan – Consortium – Resources and Budget
Expected Outcomes and Impact
- What innovation can we describe and how?
- Examples of different approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” of your proposals, lessons learned from evaluations
- How to define the Key Impact Pathways
Measures to maximise Impact
- How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
- How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
Why this webinar?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in more than 20 projects. This event, as always, has been designed based on our direct experience with H2020 proposals and is therefore 100% practice-driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ events attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s events are favoured by the participants, especially for their practical aspects. Feedback from previous participants show that this kind of discussion is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators;
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
- Financial managers;
- Grant officers and research administrators;
- Public institutions;
- Universities and research institutions;
- SMEs and large companies;
- Civil society organisations.
Check the full Academy’s schedule here.
Who we are
Europa Media is a unique company supporting public and private organisations to develop successful project proposals and effectively manage projects under the EU's research and innovation programmes since FP5. Over the past 20 years, our team has been directly involved in writing successful proposals and coordinating and managing projects under different EU programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved in over 30 projects as coordinators and partners. Our workshops and seminars are designed based on this direct experience we have from our own proposals and projects - we discuss and reflect on a lot of specific problems during these events. They are therefore quite hands-on with real-life examples and stories. This practical approach has attracted over 10,000 participants from all over the world in the past 15 years.
The list of topics range from proposal development to post-project audit, covering the full R&I EU project lifecycle.