Academy Part III. Horizon Europe Financial Rules
This live webinaris part of our European Funding Academy providing an insight the financial rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe.
Follow the links to the other courses of the academy on
|2 days||€ 499||Agenda|
The event starts with a mandatory e-learning module on basic financial rules that you need to complete before 21st June.
The portal will be accessible from 18th June to 21st July to participants
Discover all financial rules through practical examples and participate in a workshop where you can try out exercises.
Before the event: Basic financial rules (online individually)
Topics to discuss on Day 1: Financial rules of H2020 and HE – Personnel cost calculation (live presentation)
- How to turn the salary costs into an eligible hourly rate?
- Which one should you choose?
- Additional remuneration or bonuses?
- Employees or consultants?
- What’s the difference between financial year-, and monthly-based calculation?
- How will this affect the daily rate calculation in HE?
- Which one should you choose? Additional remuneration or bonuses? Employees or consultants?
- Project-based remuneration schemes in HE?
Financial rules of H2020 and HE – Third parties, subcontractors, other direct costs (live presentation)
- Third party articles – why, there are more than one?
- Resource needed or service outsourced?
- Subcontractors or Linked third parties?
- Which one should be foreseen? Which one would your office prefer?
- Travel costs – for employees and for other – is there a difference?
- Equipment and other assets – how to calculate your facility costs efficiently?
- Other goods and services – what’s in here?
- How about internal cost transfers and charges? Are they eligible?
- How will internal invoicing be accepted in HE?
- Funding rates, receipts, CFS rules and payments – learn them all!
- Guarantee Fund in H2020 and Mutual Insurance Mechanism in HE.
Virtual exercise on cost reporting to Horizon 2020/Horizon Europe projects, and experience the importance of the grey zones. The full documentation of a virtual project, including timesheets, payrolls, invoices and bills, travel notes and asset expenses will be available online – you will explore the rules while doing the reporting.
Day 2: Solution to the exercise
o Personnel costs calculation for employees and consultants
o Subcontracting or other service – how to trick with them?
o Travel costs calculations, equipment and other costs – are they always direct costs?
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in more than 20 projects. This event, as always, has been designed based on our direct experience with H2020 proposals and is therefore 100% practice driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ events attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s events are favoured by the participants especially for their practical aspects. Feedback from previous participants show that this kind of discussion is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators;
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
- Financial managers;
- Grant officers and research administrators;
- Public institutions;
- Universities and research institutions;
- SMEs and large companies;
- Civil society organisations.
Check the full Academy’s schedule here