Horizon 2020 Proposal Writing with an Outlook to Horizon Europe
Proposal Writing series
This live online course will provide an insight to proposal writing under the last calls of Horizon 2020 with an outlook to the next research and innovation programme Horizon Europe.
The course is going to be recorded and accessible to replay for a limited time!
Our trainers will provide you with practical tips and tools for submitting competitive proposals under the last calls of Horizon 2020. Special attention will be placed on "impact" and "measures to maximise impact" including innovation, exploitation, dissemination and communication.
We will also provide an outlook to the upcoming research and innovation programme Horizon Europe, introducing its novelties in terms of proposal preparation and project management.
Lectures and presentations will be complemented by online games and exercises, which will allow the participants to practice and understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation.
9:00 - 12:15 Presentations
Lessons learnt during Proposal Development under H2020
• Stories, good and bad examples
• What can go wrong during proposal development? How to avoid and handle problems.
• Hearing the experiences of the participants – bring your own story!
Introduction to Horizon Europe
• Structure of the programme
• What is new – focus on new funding schemes, financing rules
• Let’s see the practical perspective on: 3Os, Missions, Clusters, etc.
H2020 proposal writing towards Horizon Europe – A hands-on approach
• Drafting the Part B of the proposal – From call analysis to submission
• Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates from section 1.1. until 5.2 of the Part B of the proposal with lessons learned from evaluations
• How to change Horizon 2020 proposals keeping Horizon Europe in mind
• How to draft Section 1,2,3,4,5 differently now.
13:00 - 16:00 Interactive Exercises on Proposal Development
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in more than 20 projects. This course, as always, has been designed based on our direct experience with H2020 proposals and is therefore 100% practice driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ training courses attended by 9,000+ participants. Europa Media’s training courses are favoured by the participants especially for their practical aspects. Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators;
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
- Financial managers;
- Grant officers and research administrators;
- Public institutions;
- Universities and research institutions;
- SMEs and large companies;
- Civil society organisations.
The training fee includes:
- Training material in electronic format
- Electronic certificate
Download the course agenda here.