Horizon 2020 Proposal Writing with an Outlook to Horizon Europe
Proposal Writing series
||08:30 CET||1 day||€ 199||Agenda|
The course is going to be recorded and accessible to replay for a limited time!
This course will provide you with practical tips and tools for submitting competitive proposals under the last calls of Horizon 2020. We will also provide an outlook to the upcoming research and innovation programme Horizon Europe, introducing its novelties.
Lectures and presentations will be complemented by interactive online games, polls and exercises, which will allow the participants to practice and understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation in a fun and engaging way.
09:00 - 12:00 Presentations
Introduction to Proposal Development under H2020
- General principles and features of H2020 proposals
- Work programmes, calls and topics – budgets, deadlines, submission processes
- Types of actions (RIA, IA, CSA) and TRLs – positioning your proposal effectively
- First steps of proposal preparation: Identifying the right call, Call analysis, proposal abstract, background research, consortium building
H2020 proposal writing towards Horizon Europe – A hands-on approach
- Drafting the Part B of the proposal – From call analysis to submission
- Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates from section 1.1. until 5.2 of the Part B of the proposal
- Understanding the evaluator’s perspective and lessons learned from ESRs
- How to change Horizon 2020 proposals keeping Horizon Europe in mind
13:00 - 16:00 Interactive Exercises
Participants will practice the first steps of proposal development under Horizon 2020: Call analysis, project concept development, formulation of the project objectives and a preliminary work plan. Principles for impact driven concept and proposal development. Dissemination, communication and exploitation to maximise impact. Defining the work packages, developing a Gantt chart and a PERT diagram, identifying deliverables and milestones, establishing a complementary partnership.
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in more than 20 projects. This course, as always, has been designed based on our direct experience with H2020 proposals and is therefore 100% practice driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ training courses attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s training courses are favoured by the participants especially for their practical aspects. Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators;
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
- Financial managers;
- Grant officers and research administrators;
- Public institutions;
- Universities and research institutions;
- SMEs and large companies;
- Civil society organisations.
The training fee includes:
- Training material in electronic format
- Electronic certificate
Date and time: 3 June 2020 from 08:30 CEST (GMT+2)