Horizon Europe Academy- Join us in Brussels!
This face-to-face course is based on our seven Horizon Europe proposals that have been successful under the 2021-2022 calls.
Learn all about proposal writing and peek into the new requirements on project management and reporting.
The Horizon Europe Academy covers the full life cycle of a research and innovation project: from proposal conceptual development till final reports and after.
The Academy consists of two parts over four days. You can attend the whole Academy or choose the part of your interest.
- Horizon Europe Proposal Writing
The Academy starts with a 2-day course that will provide a complete insight into writing and submitting competitive proposals in response to open calls in Horizon Europe. The combination of practical presentations and hands-on workshops in groups will introduce all the aspects that you need to know, from identifying the right call for your project idea to developing and submitting a competitive proposal. We share first-hand experiences from the first submissions and evaluations. See more on the Proposal Writing course here.
- Horizon Europe Project Management
In the second part of the Academy, we will dedicate two days to introducing the project management and reporting novelties of Horizon Europe projects. We will provide real-life examples, and stories, and explain how to monitor the project implementation. Legal matters, IP protection, dissemination reporting, exploitation routes, who does what and when, how to set up the project properly? Answers to these questions will ease your project management journey while preparing your periodic and final report for the EC accurately. See more on HE Project Management here.
Presentations will be complemented by practical tips, personal experiences, good and bad practices, which will allow the participants to fully understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation from a practitioner’s perspective. Hands-on workshops will complement presentations, giving participants the opportunity to fully experience key steps in proposal writing and project implementation, including financial management and reporting.
|18-19 October 2022||Horizon Europe proposal writing||€ 1190|
|20-21 October 2022||
|18-21 October 2022||Horizon Europe Academy||€ 1890|
Topics of the Academy:
From idea to HE proposal
• How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
• What is new in Horizon Europe?
Excellence and Implementation
• Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips, and templates for the Part B of the proposal
• Objectives – Work Plan – Consortium – Resources and Budget
Expected Outcomes and Impact
• What innovation can we describe and how?
• Examples of different approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” of your proposals, lessons learned from evaluations
• How to define the Key Impact Pathways
Measures to maximise Impact
• How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
• How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
Project management novelties
• New Grant Agreement – Corporate approach
• New DESCA template for Horizon Europe Consortium Agreements
• Open science approaches and data management requirements
• Innovation management
• New reporting responsibilities, dissemination, and
exploitation, data management, and open access
• What happens after the end of the project – what to report?
In case you need to learn financial topics, check out the Master of Finance course in November. There are many changes to discuss.
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research
framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in over 30 projects, coordinating six
of them. This event, as always, has been designed based on our direct hands-on experience with EU research and
innovation proposals and is therefore 100% practice-driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ events attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s events are favoured by the participants, especially for their practical aspects. Feedbacks from previous participants show that our events are equally useful for:
• Project managers and coordinators;
• Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
• Financial managers and accountants;
• Grant officers and research administrators;
• Public institutions;
• Universities and research institutions;
• SMEs and large companies;
• Civil society organisations.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you are planning to submit a competitive proposal under the Horizon Europe calls and/or get your new Horizon Europe project(s) started on the right foot. Whether a complete beginner or an advanced FP participant, the Horizon Europe Academy will provide you with novel and practical tips and tools which you can directly implement in your upcoming proposals and projects.
Who we are
Europa Media has been supporting public and private organisations to develop successful project proposals and effectively manage projects under the EU's research and innovation programmes since FP5. Over the past 20+ years, our team has been directly involved in writing successful proposals and coordinating and managing projects under different EU programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved in over 30 projects as coordinators and partners. Our workshops and seminars are designed based on this direct experience we have from our own proposals and projects - we discuss and reflect on a lot of specific problems during these events. They are therefore quite hands-on with real-life examples and stories. This practical approach has attracted over 10,000 participants from all over the world in the past 17 years.
- Novotel Brussels City Centre
- 32 Rue de la Vierge Noire, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Booking form