Academy Part I. Writing a successful R&I proposal - 2 days
Proposal Writing series
This live online course is part of our European Funding Academy explaining the lessons learnt in Horizon 2020 and based on these introduce the changes to be applied by proposal writers and project managers in 2020-2022 transition period. Follow the links to the other courses of the academy on Horizon Europe, Project Management and Financial issues.
|07 Jul||08:30 CEST||2 days||Agenda|
Learn in the morning through live presentations and exercise in the afternoon in your own speed through e-learning portal.
The course starts with a mandatory e-learning module on introduction to H2020 proposal writing that you need to complete before 7th July.
The portal will be accessible from 6th July to participants.
The course is going to be recorded and accessible to replay for a limited time!
This proposal writing course will provide you with practical tips and tools for submitting competitive proposals under the last calls of Horizon 2020. We will also provide an outlook to the upcoming research and innovation programme Horizon Europe, introducing its novelties relevant for proposal writing in H2020.
Presentations will be interactive, the participants will have to reply to questions, answer in online games and polls, which will allow the participants to understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation in a fun and engaging way.
The afternoons will be dedicated to practicing. The e-learning portal will give the possibility to the participants to test their knowledge, practice the skills in different games, quizzes and online exercises. The trainers will be available in live Q&A sessions in the afternoon.
Download the proposal writing course agenda here
Lessons learnt during Proposal Development under H2020 – shift towards Horizon Europe
- What can go wrong during proposal development and how to avoid that? or correct it?
- Key changes in Horizon Europe – start with your mindset
From idea to H2020 proposal – A hands-on approach
- How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
- Drafting the Part B of the proposal
Section 1.4 and 2.1 – Ambition and Expected Impact
- What innovation can we describe and how?
- Examples of different approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” of your proposals, lessons learned from evaluations
Section 2.2 – Measures to maximise impact
- How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your H2020 project
- How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your H2020 project
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in more than 20 projects. This course, as always, has been designed based on our direct experience with H2020 proposals and is therefore 100% practice driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ training courses attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s training courses are favoured by the participants especially for their practical aspects. Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators;
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
- Financial managers;
- Grant officers and research administrators;
- Public institutions;
- Universities and research institutions;
- SMEs and large companies;
- Civil society organisations.
The training fee includes:
- Training material in electronic format
- Access to the e-learning portal
- Electronic certificate
(Discounts may apply when purchasing more courses or when more people attend one course from the same institution – contact our training coordinator for more information)