Academy Part I. Horizon Europe Proposal Writing - Learn by doing
Proposal Writing series
This live online course is part of our European Funding Academy explaining the lessons learnt in Horizon 2020 and based on these introduce the changes to be applied by proposal writers and project managers in 2020-2022 transition period.
Follow the links to the other courses of the academy on
Learn in the morning through live presentations and exercise in the afternoon in your own speed through e-learning portal.
The course starts with a mandatory e-learning module on introduction to Horizon Europe proposal writing that you need to complete before 16th March.
The portal will be accessible from 15th March to participants.
This proposal writing course will provide you with practical tips and tools for submitting competitive proposals under the first calls of Horizon Europe.
Are you completely new to proposal writing under research and innovation programmes?
Don't worry, all participants will have the opportunity to prepare and get ready well in advance with our brand-new Course 0. This introductory course, in e-learning format, will help you refresh your knowledge or learn some basic information on Horizon Europe proposal development if you are a newbie in this field.
Presentations will be interactive, the participants will have to reply to questions, answer in online games and polls, which will allow the participants to understand the key processes and steps in proposal preparation in a fun and engaging way.
The afternoons will be dedicated to practicing. The e-learning portal will give the possibility to the participants to test their knowledge, practice the skills in different games, quizzes and online exercises. The trainers will be available in live Q&A sessions in the afternoon.
From idea to HEU proposal – A hands-on approach
- How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
- What is new in Horizon Europe?
Excellence and Implementation – practical tips
- Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates from section 1.1. until 5.2 of the Part B of the proposal
- Objectives – SOTA – Consortium - Budget
Section 1.4 and 2.1 – Ambition and Expected Impact
- What innovation can we describe and how?
- Examples of different approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” of your proposals, lessons learned from evaluations
Section 2.2 – Measures to maximise impact
- How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
- How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
Why this course?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in more than 20 projects. This course, as always, has been designed based on our direct experience with H2020 proposals and is therefore 100% practice driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ training courses attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s training courses are favoured by the participants especially for their practical aspects. Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for:
- Project managers and coordinators;
- Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
- Financial managers;
- Grant officers and research administrators;
- Public institutions;
- Universities and research institutions;
- SMEs and large companies;
- Civil society organisations.
(Discounts may apply when purchasing more courses or when more people attend one course from the same institution – contact our training coordinator for more information)
Check the full Academy’s agenda here