Horizon Europe Academy
Special Focus series
This live online course is based on six successful HE applications.
Learn all about proposal writing and peek into project management novelties you must be aware of before applying to Horizon Europe. Last not but least do not forget all financial reporting changes you need to apply.
Would you like to rather attend a face-to-face course with us? Click here.
The Horizon Europe Academy covers the full life cycle of a research and innovation
project. Starting from the conceptual phase to financial audits.
The Academy consists of 2 parts in 4 days. You can attend the whole Academy or choose the preferred part(s) separately.
The Academy starts with a 2-day webinar which will provide a complete insight into
writing and submitting competitive proposals in response to open calls in Horizon Europe. The combination of
practical presentations and hands-on online exercises will introduce all aspects that you need to know, from identifying
the right call for your project idea to developing and submitting a competitive proposal. We share first-hand
experiences from the first submissions.
See more on the Proposal Writing webinar here.
After reviewing the proposal writing, we will dedicate two days to discussing the project management novelties and financial reporting rules of Horizon Europe projects. We show real examples and share the calculation methods. How to figure out what is eligible and what is not, and how does that help you to develop your budget or report your costs? These will ease your project management journey while preparing your periodic technical and financial reports for the EC.
In this webinar, presentations will be completed with practical tips, personal experiences, and good and bad practices, which will allow the participants to fully understand the key processes and steps in the proposal preparation from a practitioner’s perspective. Hands-on workshops will complement presentations, giving participants the opportunity to fully experience key steps in proposal writing or do the personnel cost reporting. See more on the Project Management and Financial Rules & Reporting webinar here.
|7-8 June 2022||Horizon Europe proposal writing||€ 790|
|9-10 June 2022||
|7-10 June 2022||Horizon Europe Academy||€ 1380|
Topics of the Academy:
From idea to HE proposal
• How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
• What is new in Horizon Europe?
Excellence and Implementation
• Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates for the Part B of the proposal
• Objectives – Work Plan – Consortium – Resources and Budget
Expected Outcomes and Impact
• What innovation can we describe and how?
• Examples of different approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” of your proposals, lessons learned from evaluations
• How to define the Key Impact Pathways
Measures to maximise Impact
• How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
• How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your Horizon Europe project
Project management novelties
• New Grant Agreement – Corporate approach
• New DESCA template for Horizon Europe Consortium Agreements
• New reporting responsibilities, dissemination and exploitation, data management and open access.
• Open science approaches and data management requirements
Financial rules and reporting
• all financial rules to EU funding in general and specifically to the R&I framework
• calculation methods, the choices the programme is making available for us and how it affects our budget development and reporting practices in our organisation
o Daily rate calculation in HE?
o Productive hours – should I accept 1720?
o Calculation methods for productive days from hours
• How to fill in the financial Statements?
Why this webinar?
We have 20 years of experience in developing and implementing projects under the EU's research
framework programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved successfully in over 30 projects, coordinating six
of them. This event, as always, has been designed based on our direct hands-on experience with EU research and
innovation proposals and is therefore 100% practice-driven.
Over the past 15 years, we have delivered 500+ events attended by 10,000+ participants. Europa Media’s events are favoured by the participants, especially for their practical aspects. Feedbacks from previous participants show that our events are equally useful for:
• Project managers and coordinators;
• Research advisers, EU grant advisers;
• Financial managers and accountants;
• Grant officers and research administrators;
• Public institutions;
• Universities and research institutions;
• SMEs and large companies;
• Civil society organisations.
Who is this webinar for?
Researchers, research managers, grants offices, TTOs, project managers, financial managers and fundraising specialists from universities, research institutions, SMEs, industry as well as CSOs and public bodies.
Who we are?
Europa Media is a unique company supporting public and private organisations to develop successful project proposals and effectively manage projects under the EU's research and innovation programmes since FP5. Over the past 20 years, our team has been directly involved in writing successful proposals and coordinating and managing projects under different EU programmes. Under Horizon 2020, we have been involved in over 30 projects as coordinators and partners. Our workshops and seminars are designed based on this direct experience we have from our own proposals and projects - we discuss and reflect on a lot of specific problems during these events. They are therefore quite hands-on with real-life examples and stories. This practical approach has attracted over 10,000 participants from all over the world in the past 15 years.